find on page doesn't highlight search term

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
dsesplin

find on page doesn't highlight search term

Post by dsesplin »

When I search on a page in gospel library it doesn't highlight the search term which makes it hard to locate. Am I doing something wrong?
dsesplin

Post by dsesplin »

anybody else having the same problem?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dsesplin wrote:When I search on a page in gospel library it doesn't highlight the search term which makes it hard to locate. Am I doing something wrong?
I'm not sure what you mean by "search on a page", but when I search for a term on my GL for Android, it highlights the search term.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dsesplin

Post by dsesplin »

aebrown wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "search on a page",

If you drop down the menu button in the top right hand corner, the second option (below search) is "Find on Page". When I use this function, the search term is not highlighted.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dsesplin wrote:If you drop down the menu button in the top right hand corner, the second option (below search) is "Find on Page". When I use this function, the search term is not highlighted.
I don't see that option. Perhaps you're on an older version. I'm using GL for Android version 2.2.2.10 (via menu > Help > About Gospel Library). On my menu, the options are Search, Sync Now, Show Annotations, Settings, Help.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

dsesplin wrote:If you drop down the menu button in the top right hand corner, the second option (below search) is "Find on Page". When I use this function, the search term is not highlighted.

Find on Page is only available in newer versions of android. I believe for sure in ICS but I'm not sure what other versions it is available in.
Jason Hyer
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jasonhyer wrote:Find on Page is only available in newer versions of android. I believe for sure in ICS but I'm not sure what other versions it is available in.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I'm on Gingerbread, so that might very well explain why I don't see that option.

But it does still leave open the question for newer versions of Android: if the option "Find on Page" appears on the menu, shouldn't LDS Tools support it and actually find the search term on the page and highlight the hit?
dsesplin

Post by dsesplin »

aebrown wrote:
But it does still leave open the question for newer versions of Android: if the option "Find on Page" appears on the menu, shouldn't LDS Tools support it and actually find the search term on the page and highlight the hit?

It does appear to find the search term -- it is always on the screen -- it just doesn't highlight it so it is hard for me to locate it. (I'm on ics Version 2.2.2.10)

Return to “Android Gospel Library”