Calendar Not Available

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dfchamplain

Calendar Not Available

Post by dfchamplain »

During our ward meetings this Sunday morning, the calendar website was down for maintenance. If we are no longer printing out paper calendars, then taking the website down on a Sunday seems like poor planning. We were not able to review the calendar for proper planning.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dfchamplain wrote:During our ward meetings this Sunday morning, the calendar website was down for maintenance. If we are no longer printing out paper calendars, then taking the website down on a Sunday seems like poor planning. We were not able to review the calendar for proper planning.

I'm sure it's not really down for scheduled maintenance. That's just the message that is automatically shown when the site is down for any reason. Of course it's still quite inconvenient for it to be down on Sunday, but rest assured that it's not down on purpose.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The calendar is back up now.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:I'm sure it's not really down for scheduled maintenance. That's just the message that is automatically shown when the site is down for any reason.

I don't think it's even necessarily "down", just when the response time falls below a predetermined level.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Calendar did go down yesterday, it was not a planned or scheduled outage (never on a Sunday!). We are investigating the problem now and hope to have a solution soon. Thanks for your patience.
QA Engineer
ethzmoos

Website down

Post by ethzmoos »

I am new to using the calendar at LDS.org. When trying to add calendar items for the past 2 nights I have seen the message that the website is down for maintenance, then it will work for awhile then it will give me that same down for maintenance message. Is this because I am on a Mac?

Thank-you for your help.

Also when subscribing to calendars with iCal, it is very inconsistent. Sometimes after adding an event on lds.org calendar it will push to my ios devices but most of the time it will not and I have to manually delete and re-subscribe to the calendar. Is this a common issue?

Also I have a 15mbps download speed and it still takes 1-2 minutes for the calendar website to load on LDS.org. Is this also a common issue?

Sorry for all the questions.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ethzmoos wrote:I am new to using the calendar at LDS.org. When trying to add calendar items for the past 2 nights I have seen the message that the website is down for maintenance, then it will work for awhile then it will give me that same down for maintenance message. Is this because I am on a Mac?

It's not because you are using a Mac. As you can see from reading this thread, there have been system problems that have led to unplanned outages at times. And as you see in the post that preceded yours, the Calendar team is working on fixing it.
ethzmoos wrote:Also when subscribing to calendars with iCal, it is very inconsistent. Sometimes after adding an event on lds.org calendar it will push to my ios devices but most of the time it will not and I have to manually delete and re-subscribe to the calendar. Is this a common issue?

The calendar never pushes its data to any device. The device pulls the data from the Calendar. So you need to look at the settings on your iOS device to see how often it is configured to refresh.
ethzmoos wrote:Also I have a 15mbps download speed and it still takes 1-2 minutes for the calendar website to load on LDS.org. Is this also a common issue?

As you can see in the thread Edit Reservation Navigation, not only has the site been down at times over the last few days, but it has also been slow. That's not normal, but again, the Calendar team is working to analyze and fix the problem.

Return to “Calendar”