Unit Creation Date

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
fletch1027

Unit Creation Date

Post by fletch1027 »

I am working on a project regarding the growth of the church in our area. Is there a way to find out the creation date of a unit?

I am in GA so I don't have access to any of the hard copy only info at places like the Church History Library, BYU, or U libraries...
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

fletch1027 wrote:Is there a way to find out the creation date of a unit?

Much of the Church Almanac, published by the Church News, is online will have the dates a stake was created. Someone with access to CDOL can also give you the date a ward or stake was created.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Our stake makes a practice of ordering an Almanac each year, we find that people love thumbing through it as they wait for interviews, etc.. CDOL does contain for each unit the creation date, added to stake dates, boundary alignments, etc... each major change will be noted.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

JohnShaw wrote:CDOL does contain for each unit the creation date, added to stake dates, boundary alignments, etc... each major change will be noted.

This is true for someone within the stake with access to CDOL. You get the whole history. But, if you live outside the stake, you still will get an activation date, which should be the date the unit was created. That said, I suspect the original poster will be working with someone in his local area and be able to obtain the information needed.
fletch1027

Post by fletch1027 »

I got onto CDOL and browsed around. I can see the create date for all units in the stake, but only for my ward, I also see a "historical" tab. is that something that only that ward can see or is our ward maybe the only one in the stake with that info?
lajackson wrote:This is true for someone within the stake with access to CDOL. You get the whole history. But, if you live outside the stake, you still will get an activation date, which should be the date the unit was created. That said, I suspect the original poster will be working with someone in his local area and be able to obtain the information needed.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

fletch1027 wrote:I got onto CDOL and browsed around. I can see the create date for all units in the stake, but only for my ward, I also see a "historical" tab. is that something that only that ward can see or is our ward maybe the only one in the stake with that info?

I believe that only people with stake level callings can see that historical info for other wards in their stake.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

fletch1027 wrote:I got onto CDOL and browsed around. I can see the create date for all units in the stake, but only for my ward, I also see a "historical" tab. is that something that only that ward can see or is our ward maybe the only one in the stake with that info?
Every unit should have some "historical" information. At least what units the were created from. But as was pointed out, it depends on your rights as to which units you will see it for. Ward level callings can only see it for their ward. Stake level callings can see it for the stake and all child units.

Return to “General Discussions”