Script issue on many online MLS pages

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
idjeeper2

Script issue on many online MLS pages

Post by idjeeper2 »

I keep getting an error when loading pages in the online MLS. For example, I get this when loading the Member List.
[INDENT]Warning: Unresponsive Script

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/scripts/lib/require-1.0.7_jquery-1.7.2.js?v=5309:27

[/INDENT]This warning pops up after the page loads, but then goes into a "locked" phase for roughly a minute.

I suspect that this is an issue with my computer, but I have no idea where to start since I don't really know what the script is trying to do.

Any clues?
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

Defragment the Hard Drive!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The first thing is to rule out your computer. Given the number of users, I think we'd see a number of "me too" in short order if it's on the server side.

I'd suggest purging the browser cache. By default, the IE cache is quite large - probably to the point that the effort to manage it robs you of speed. I usually knock it down to 50MB or so.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
idjeeper2

Post by idjeeper2 »

I appreciate the replies. I'm pretty certain it is my machine, since it doesn't happen at Church and no one else is complaining. I'm using Firefox and the cache is set to 50MB. I did purge the cache and did a disk defrag. Surprising how fast that fills up with scattered files. Also dumped all my temp files.

Anywho, all of that made no difference. I shall try running IE to see if that helps. And although I truly dislike the newer versions, maybe it's time to upgrade Firefox.

Thanks again.

Edit to add: Upgrading Firefox appears to have resolved the issue. One of the disadvantages of trying to stay in the past - those crazy coders don't live there anymore!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”