Member not in unit (verified) receiving Calendar emails

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
marmat

Member not in unit (verified) receiving Calendar emails

Post by marmat »

A member that is no longer in our unit, received an email message from our Calendar system today, although they no longer live in our ward/stake. I verified and they don't show up on our directory.

I can PM more details such as their name and email address for troubleshooting.

I contacted MLS Support and they advised to post this to the forums.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ask the member in question to log into the calendar. That will trigger the calendar system to update. There's nothing the unit can do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:Ask the member in question to log into the calendar. That will trigger the calendar system to update. There's nothing the unit can do.

Signing into the online calendar at LDS.org after members move should trigger a change that will remove them from their prior unit and allow them to start receiving messages from the calendars associated with their new ward and stake. I have had this discussion with three different members who moved during the last year, and this has solved the problem for each one of them.
marmat

Post by marmat »

Thank you RussellHltn and lajackson. I will advise them to that what you both suggest.

(Note for development team, it would be awesome to include this as an enhancement update to your next version of Calendar.)
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

lajackson wrote:Signing into the online calendar at LDS.org after members move should trigger a change that will remove them from their prior unit and allow them to start receiving messages from the calendars associated with their new ward and stake. I have had this discussion with three different members who moved during the last year, and this has solved the problem for each one of them.
A former member of our stake Emailed me a few days ago with the exact same problem. So I'm glad to find your information. I'll certainly pass this along. Thanks
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
mcdonaj

Post by mcdonaj »

aebrown suggested i view this thread and it appears to answer my question too. i logged in earlier so time will tell

Return to “Calendar”