locating unmapped household locations

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Fuquamx

locating unmapped household locations

Post by Fuquamx »

I'd need to be able to locate "unmapped" household locations from the menu on the right side of LDS maps. I can move mapped locations, but not unmapped. I know the addresses are correct, but it's not mapping the household. I'd like to be able to click on the unmapped household on the right side of maps, then locate the unmapped household.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

fuquamx wrote:I'd need to be able to locate "unmapped" household locations from the menu on the right side of LDS maps. I can move mapped locations, but not unmapped. I know the addresses are correct, but it's not mapping the household. I'd like to be able to click on the unmapped household on the right side of maps, then locate the unmapped household.
I'm not sure what you mean by "the right side"; the directory listing is on the left side, and the map is on the right side. Since unmapped households by definition don't appear on the map, your only option is to select the member on directory, then set their location on the map.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Fuquamx

Post by Fuquamx »

aebrown wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "the right side"; the directory listing is on the left side, and the map is on the right side. Since unmapped households by definition don't appear on the map, your only option is to select the member on directory, then set their location on the map.

Yeah.....that's what I meant......my other right.:o It was late last nite when I was posting. I'll use that as my excuse anyway.

I'm unable to select the member from the directory on the LEFT side, then locate them to the map. That's my problem. It doesn't give me a menu when I click on the unmapped household. What am I missing.....besides knowing my left from my right.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

fuquamx wrote:I'm unable to select the member from the directory on the LEFT side, then locate them to the map. That's my problem. It doesn't give me a menu when I click on the unmapped household. What am I missing.....

Hmm. Whenever I click on an unmapped household, I get a popup located at the lower left corner of the map area.

A couple of questions:
  • When you click on mapped households (either verified or unverified) in the directory, do you get a popup on the map? In this case it should have a little arrow pointing at the household icon on the map. (You said earlier that you can move these locations, but that can be done by just dragging the household icon -- not using the directory at all).
  • Have you tried other browsers?
  • Have you asked a fellow clerk in your ward to try it and see if he sees the popup?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When you click on a household, you should get a pop-up that includes a "Move" button. That's the key to moving the unmapped.

Just as a test, try it on your own household. If it shows there and not elsewhere, then you may not have the necessary rights to do what you want. I'm pretty sure at one time that I (as a STS) could map households, but I no longer seem to have that ability.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Fuquamx

Post by Fuquamx »

I can move the households that are mapped, verified and unverified. When I click on the unmapped households, I'm getting an "error on page" notification in the lower left corner. I'm using windows internet explorer as my browser. I'm the branch president, so I think I have access, but maybe not.
Fuquamx

Post by Fuquamx »

There must be a glitch in the windows browser, I was able to move unmapped households on my ipad. Thanks for the help!!

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”