Birthday Broadcast for Pres. Monson

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
techgy
Community Moderators

Birthday Broadcast for Pres. Monson

Post by techgy »

The LDS.org web site indicates that on Saturday August 18th the church satellite system will carry the broadcast at various times for the birthday celebration of Pres. Monson. However, it doesn't indicate any times and I've not see a letter giving the information.

Does anyone know the broadcast times?
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Dang, I can't even find the "broadcasts" page anymore. All I get is a way to view past broadcasts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

A letter was sent dated 5 July 2012 to stake presidents and bishops (and some other leaders) about the broadcast of "Golden Days: A Celebration of Life" to commemorate President Monson's 85th birthday.

It will become available on the Internet on mormonchannel.lds.org and LDS.org at 7:00pm MDT on Saturday, August 18, and will continue to be viewable through 9:30pm the next day (Sunday, August 19).

It will be shown on the satellite system at 7:00pm MDT on August 18, and then every 2.5 hours later, with the last showing at 8:00pm on August 19.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

aebrown wrote:A letter was sent dated 5 July 2012 to stake presidents and bishops (and some other leaders) about the broadcast of "Golden Days: A Celebration of Life" to commemorate President Monson's 85th birthday.

It will become available on the Internet on mormonchannel.lds.org and LDS.org at 7:00pm MDT on Saturday, August 18, and will continue to be viewable through 9:30pm the next day (Sunday, August 19).

It will be shown on the satellite system at 7:00pm MDT on August 18, and then every 2.5 hours later, with the last showing at 8:00pm on August 19.
Alan,
Thanks. I figured that someone would have the information. I'll have to check at our stake offices again for that mysterious letter :)
In regards to upcoming church events - THIS page has the temple square events listed. I found this after Alan provided some hints.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I have seen several this year, related to various broadcasts, and they are one of the 'Notices' memoranda that always get sent out, and there may have however been a cover letter with this one as there is on occasion when the broadcast is a 'one-off' type of broadcast like this one is. Whether it was just the Notice memorandum or a cover letter was included I do not know.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JamesAnderson wrote:I have seen several this year, related to various broadcasts, and they are one of the 'Notices' memoranda that always get sent out, and there may have however been a cover letter with this one as there is on occasion when the broadcast is a 'one-off' type of broadcast like this one is. Whether it was just the Notice memorandum or a cover letter was included I do not know.
As I mentioned earlier, there was a cover letter sent on 5 July 2012 regarding this particular broadcast, along with the detailed broadcast instructions. I'd post the letter, except that since it has not been made public by CHQ, I can't choose to do that myself. But every stake received it, and the stake president and stake clerk have access to the Official Communications Library if they have misplaced the paper copy.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “General Discussions”