After Annotations it jumps to top of chapter

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
dansoh

After Annotations it jumps to top of chapter

Post by dansoh »

Hi,

Anyone notice with the upgrade to the new Aug 3 ver 2.2.2.10, it does this. It didn't do that before. The previous versions just went back to the highlighted verse after clicking Ok Annotations.

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dansoh wrote:Anyone notice with the upgrade to the new Aug 3 ver 2.2.2.10, it does this. It didn't do that before. The previous versions just went back to the highlighted verse after clicking Ok Annotations.

No, it's not doing that for me. When I click OK after entering an annotation, I stay in place -- there's no jumping to the top of the chapter. I verified taht I am using Android GL 2.2.2.10.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dansoh

new update

Post by dansoh »

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I have the same problem on both my Android devices HTC Sensation and a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1. Both updated to the latest yesterday morning. I uninstalled on my HTC and rebooting, will try to reinstall to see if it helps.

Update:

Nope still does the same thing. Took a screenshot Annotated at vs 28 after clicking Ok, it jumped to top of Chapter 32 of Alma...
Attachments
Screenshot_2012-08-06-16-23-13.jpg
Screenshot_2012-08-06-16-23-13.jpg (9.96 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

This has been found to be an issue with devices running ICS. The developers will take a closer look today.
Jason Hyer
dansoh

Post by dansoh »

Thanks Jason. Is there a way to get back the older version till the fix? thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dansoh wrote:Thanks Jason. Is there a way to get back the older version till the fix? thanks
The reference to "ICS" is to "Ice Cream Sandwich", which is a version (4.0) of the Android operating system (not a version of Gospel Library). I doubt that it's at all practical for you to downgrade your device to an older version of Android.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dansoh

Post by dansoh »

Hi,

I should have been clearer, I meant downgrade to the older ver of Gospel Library. :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dansoh wrote:Hi,

I should have been clearer, I meant downgrade to the older ver of Gospel Library. :)
Sorry I misunderstood. You can find .apk files for lots of older versions at http://www.ldsmobiletester.com/android/ -- you should be able to get one prior to the introduction of the problem you are experiencing with 2.2.2.10 by clicking on the Other Releases button in the Gospel Library section.
dansoh

Post by dansoh »

Hi,

I noticed that the Current Release is 2.2.1.2. Tried installing it and it solved my problem of going to the top of the chapter after Annotations. But gl-20120801-1942-2.2.2.9-z.apk also didn't solve it, but moved a few verses above the current verse after annotation.

Thanks for solving our probs :)

Return to “Android Gospel Library”