No Churchwide events on 2.2

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jhowell2000

No Churchwide events on 2.2

Post by jhowell2000 »

Are any churchwide events entered on the calendar release 2.2? I have subscribed to the churchwide event calendar, but I am not showing any events. I expected to see an event for the General RS broadcast in September and for General Conference in October and possibly the First Presidency Christmas devotional, but I do not see anything entered on this calendar. I have hidden all calendars but the churchwide event calendar and a stake calendar I created entering the general broadcasts like General Conference. I see the events I created. I am using firefox 14 on a Mac running Lion.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

Right now there aren't any events on the Churchwide Events calendar. We are working with the team that will enter those events to get content into that calendar as soon as possible.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

Thanks, just wondering if I was supposed to see something and didn't. I will watch for events to be added at a future date and in the mean time keep the manual calendars set up in our stake listing the general broadcasts.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

We put in church wide-events on Friday. In September I can see the General Relief Society Meeting on September 29 and on October 6 and 7 is General Conference. Can you see those events now? If not, go to the Gear menu, choose subscriptions and make sure you are subscribed to the Church Wide Events calendar. Thanks.
QA Engineer
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I can confirm I see those events, on the Calendar, in the UK. Also the CES Devotional Sept 9th and other CW events later in the year.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I can see the events, but they have no details. It seems like it would be helpful to provide some details; for example, a CES YA fireside has a specific speaker, and takes place at a certain place. As a specific suggestion, the event for the CES YA fireside on September 9 could have a description containing some of the information on this page, such as:

"At 6:00 p.m. mountain daylight time on September 9, 2012, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will address young adults ages 18 to 30, married and single, in a CES devotional broadcast originating from St. George, Utah.

The one-hour devotional will subsequently be rebroadcast to many areas of the world."
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

aebrown wrote:I can see the events, but they have no details. It seems like it would be helpful to provide some details;

A great idea about the details.

Also . . . any chance of "Language Specific" events in the churchwide calender? If I change to German (I am stake executive secretary in Düsseldorf, Germany), then the calender title changes to German, but the event details remain in English!
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

We have built in the functionality to include language specific events for the churchwide calendar. However the actual translations have not been input yet. Once they are input they will automagically show up when that language is selected. We'll also work with the team inputting the events to clarify what type of information should/could be included in the event description.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

I can see the events. I would also vote for details as listed above.
hickesv

Church wide events not visible

Post by hickesv »

I have verified that I am subscribed to the church wide events calendar but none show up except those I have posted as the Stake Executive Secretary. Church wide events calendar does not show up as a choice on the sidebar list of calendars available. Is there something I don't have configured properly?

Either you're not really subscribed to the real chuchwide event calendar, you may have to do some hokey pokey to get it to show up in the list.

Return to “Calendar”