iOS 6 Beta 3 "Not working"

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
millergr

iOS 6 Beta 3 "Not working"

Post by millergr »

The gospel library app for iphone doesnt open on iOS 6.0 beta 3. If you let me know what files to send or logs let me know. Touch the app and it just close right away. Open-close kind of problem. I am testing it on a iphone 4s and ipad 3 with ios 6.0 beta 3.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

millergr wrote:The gospel library app for iphone doesnt open on iOS 6.0 beta 3.

In the past the developers have asked me to send the crash log to their e-mail address.
gospellibrary-iphone@ldschurch.org
storminmormon

Same issue...

Post by storminmormon »

I am running into the same issue. iOS 6 beta 3 is opening on both of my devices, iPhone 4S and 3rd generation iPad, but shows no content. This has happened on previous updates, but I have been able to redownload the content I prefer through the manage library function in the app. This time it came up with a constant "Loading - Checking for avaliable content...," on both of my devices.

First step I took was close app through multitasking, then did a reset on the device, home button and power button. Second thing I did was delete application from my iPhone and now I get the same issue millergr receives, which is closes on launch splash screen.

Please help! Love this app!

Dan
millergr

Post by millergr »

lajackson wrote:In the past the developers have asked me to send the crash log to their e-mail address.
gospellibrary-iphone@ldschurch.org
Where do I download the crash log from to send it please. Thanks again!
hughbert

Same problem with iOS 6 beta 3

Post by hughbert »

The gospel library app crashes after opening. The cover screen shows up for a moment, then it closes out. I'm running iOS 6 beta 3 on iPad 3rd gen. I've tried closing the app, restarting iPad and nothing works.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

millergr wrote:Where do I download the crash log from to send it please. Thanks again!

E-mail a bug report, and mention that you are willing to send a crash report if they will give you instructions on how to get to the file. It has been some time since I did it, and I do not remember how.

You may also find that they are aware of the bug and many not need the crash report.
u2rfunky

Let us know when bug report is filed

Post by u2rfunky »

I'm having the same issue and am willing to file a bug report. If you've already done it, let me know, otherwise I'll go ahead and submit one.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

u2rfunky wrote:I'm having the same issue and am willing to file a bug report. If you've already done it, let me know, otherwise I'll go ahead and submit one.

I do not have an iPad nor iOS 6, so I do not have the issue. Go ahead and email a report. The more the merrier.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I received a note today from the developers that says
A new version of Gospel Library will be released in a few weeks. It has been designed for iOS 6.
My guess is that they are aware there is a problem and expect to fix it in the next release. Just a hunch, of course. [smile]
Haws24

Gospel Library Loads with iOS 6 Beta 4

Post by Haws24 »

I just updated to iOS 6 beta 4 and Gospel Library no longer crashes at the splash screen. Update and get back to normal!

Edit: The app loads, but I don't get content in the app. Manuals and scripture content are not there. I tried to re-download but no good. Hmm hopefully they update the app soon.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”