SWARM testing is what we call crowd-sourcing testing here at tech.lds.org. It allows us to get information about how Directory is working from lots of people that have various types of setups and hardware. On the SWARM page you get a list of steps or tests to perform. You can do as many or as few as you like. The results are recorded and, if you find a bug, it is automatically recorded and sent to us. We're excited about adding this new type of testing and hope to get good results from it.
The steps to find the Directory SWARM page:
Go to http://tech.lds.org/ and login.
Click on Projects at the top.
Local Unit Directory should be on the list of projects you've signed up for*.
Click on the Local Unit Directory link.
On the next page there is a list of links.
Find Swarm: https://tech.lds.org/swarm/projects/LUD and click on it.
(Bookmark this link if you don't want to do all these steps in the future).
You're on the SWARM page. You can start testing.
If you have a build number, type it in. If you don't leave this field blank.
When you execute a step click either the Pass or the Fail radio button to record the results.
If you have suggestions or improvements for the tests on this list, please let us know. We love to hear your comments.
*If you haven't signed up for Local Unit Directory:
Look on the Available Applications list below and find Local Unit Directory.
Click on the link.
Click the Join button on the next page. You're in!
Thank you for helping make Directory a useful tool for you and other church members.
Beta testing of the Local Unit Directory Application
- What's New
- Announcements & Policies
- In The News
- Links & Resources
- Church Technology for Members
- Main Church Website
- Leader and Clerk Resources
- Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures
- Online Donations
- Beta Testing
- Beta Calendar
- Beta Directory
- Beta Lesson Schedules
- Beta Maps
- Beta Newsletter
- Beta Clerk Resources
- Other Websites
- Mobile Applications
- Gospel Library
- Android Gospel Library
- iPhone/iPad Gospel Library
- Gospel Library for Windows
- Gospel Media
- Member Tools
- Android Member Tools App
- iPhone/iPad Member Tools App
- Mormon Radio Channel
- Church Account
- Family History
- FamilySearch Products
- FamilySearch Family Tree Application
- FamilySearch Indexing
- Family History Centers
- Genealogy Industry Issues
- Software Development
- Other Member Technologies
- Church Historical Timeline
- Emerging Technologies
- Accessibility to Church Technology Products
- Interactive Books & Magazines
- Community Discussions
- General Discussions
- Featured Article Discussions
- Technical Recruiting
- Development Help Wanted
- Family Safety with Technology
- Clerk Support
- Getting Started for New Clerks
- MLS Support, Help, and Feedback
- Reports and Forms
- Local Unit Finance
- Membership Help
- Help Center Website (Formerly RKATS)
- General Clerk Discussions
- Meetinghouse Technologies
- Meetinghouse Internet
- Clerk Computers
- Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices
- FAQs for Local Unit Copier Program
- Broadcasts and Conferences
- Internet Streams
- Personal Video Conferencing
- Rich Media in Lessons and Training
- Meetinghouse Audio
- Other Meetinghouse Technologies
- Stake Technology Specialist Training
- Community Development Projects
- Mobile Development
- Interactive Music Project
- Java Web Project Support (Stack)
- Audiovisual Media and Emerging Technologies
- Getting Started
- Digital Media
- General Media Discussions
- Help & Feedback
- Help with this forum
- Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)
- Ideas & Suggestions
- Adobe Flex
- Enterprise Change Management
- Personal Ancestral File (PAF)
- FamilySearch Wiki
- Australia Area Technical Support
- Lesson Schedules
- BlackBerry Gospel Library
- WebOS Gospel Library
- Windows Phone Gospel Library
- BlackBerry LDS Tools
- WebOS LDS Tools
- Windows 8 LDS Tools
- Windows Phone LDS Tools
- Feedback on Tech
- Gospel App & Game Contest
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests