Browser Version Message on Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
njallen648

Browser Version Message on Directory

Post by njallen648 »

When viewing the directory a message is displayed stating the site does not support my browser version and recommending I upgrade to a newer version. I am running IE9 on Windows 7. Is the message valid or did someone forget to update the code behind this page when IE9 was released and it sees it as an unsupported version?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

njallen648 wrote:When viewing the directory a message is displayed stating the site does not support my browser version and recommending I upgrade to a newer version. I am running IE9 on Windows 7. Is the message valid or did someone forget to update the code behind this page when IE9 was released and it sees it as an unsupported version?
You're probably running in Compatibility View, which effectively makes IE9 work more like IE7. That's the only way I can get that message to appear with IE9.

Check your Compatibility View icon (right by the Refresh icon in the address bar). My guess is that if you click on that icon to turn off Compatibility View, the warning message will go away.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”