Leadership Training Library - Can't download anymore

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
rakotomamonjy

Leadership Training Library - Can't download anymore

Post by rakotomamonjy »

Hello,

Since the new website, when I go to the Leadership Training Library Videos, when I click to download nothing hapened. I cant download anymore
trentchapman

Same problem

Post by trentchapman »

I thought it was just my browser, but probably not. I use a Mac so I don't have access to Internet Explorer and thought it must only be compatible with IE. I tried to download videos in Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome and nothing works. I'll have to resort to screen recording the video then exporting it... lots of fun.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

It's not just the Download link; the Language and Share links also do nothing in the Leadership Training Library.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Yes, all but the 'info' button in the upper right is missing. Also, I found the 'closed caption' button is not showing up either. Only 'go fullscreen' and 'sound' (volume) shows.

Another side issue is that some videos are showing full closed-caption even where it's not needed for showing in English what was said in another language (although that is still desired in the CC feed), and others have segments from General Conference or some other video content that do not show closed captioning where it is needed due to that button on the bottom being missing.
JeronR

Post by JeronR »

Had been working on downloading them last week to prepare a training day and having the same problem. Figured I'd try download helper on Firefox to see if could just nab them that way but didn't have any luck with it either.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Found a related issue.

When you view the Leadership Training Library, any page, you should see a gray navbar at the bottom of the page. For some reason that no longer shows either. Instead, the entire landing page that you can click away when first coming to the library shows below any video and listing of related videos (such as the videos for elders and high priests that show segments associated with Chapter 7 in Handbook 2).

Other than this and the downloading issue, it's actually working a little better as far as performance when viewing a video anywhere within the library, this appears to have happened and probably inadvertently in the process of making those programming moves that helped make the performance improvements possible.

Return to “Main Church Website”