Subscriptions Page

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bstumm

Subscriptions Page

Post by bstumm »

I did not receive an email when I posted an event on the calendar but I used to receive them before the upgrade. In checking my settings on the new version, I noticed that on the subscriptions page the following information shows above the column that contains the check box to allow email reminders for this calendar:

Notifications (Event notifications have been disabled in your options)

However, when I look at the options page I see the following four items and they are all checked.

Auto subscribe to new ward calendars
Auto subscribe to new stake calendars
Send me email notifications about new calendars
Allow email reminders for calendar events

So, to what is the message on the subscriptions page referring and is there a clue there as to why I didn't get an email? :confused:

Thanks.

Buzz
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bstumm wrote:In checking my settings on the new version, I noticed that on the subscriptions page the following information shows above the column that contains the check box to allow email reminders for this calendar:

Notifications (Event notifications have been disabled in your options)

However, when I look at the options page I see the following four items and they are all checked.

That is odd. The only way I can get that parenthetical notice to appear "(Event notifications have been disabled in your options)" is to actually uncheck the box on the Options page for "Allow email reminders for calendar events." But you specifically checked to make sure it was checked, and yet you still get that warning notice.

You might try unchecking and then checking again the box for "Allow email reminders for calendar events." That might very well fix the problem with these two pages being out of sync.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bstumm

Post by bstumm »

Actually I already did that but nothing changed. Thank you for the suggestion, though.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

We are investigating the lack of emails from calendar. Thanks for your patience while we figure out what's going on.
QA Engineer
bstumm

Post by bstumm »

Update on the "(Event notifications have been disabled in your options)" message. I see it in IE9 but not in Chrome. I am getting the display secure content only message and haven't taken the time to make the change in IE9 to eliminate that error yet. (fix referenced in another thread)
bstumm

Post by bstumm »

I have gotten emails since I posted this first thread, so I have no clue why I didn't that first time, but the problem seems to be fixed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bstumm wrote:I am getting the display secure content only message

When you get that message, do you click the "Show all content" button or ignore it? if you don't click that, then there are parts of the page that do not load. The missing elements may cause problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

I've been able to reproduce this problem (or something similar) in both IE9 and Chrome. I'll be documenting this and adding it to the list of items to be resolved in the near future. Good testing everyone!

Return to “Calendar”