The August LDSTech Newsletter is now available

Discuss the feature articles on the Tech Home Page.
tomjoht

The August LDSTech Newsletter is now available

Post by tomjoht »

The August LDSTech Newsletter is now available: http://bit.ly/MTcK87

If you didn't receive it, you probably haven't selected this option in your LDS Account Subscriptions tab. See http://tech.lds.org/wiki/LDSTech_Newsletter for instructions on subscribing.

The newsletter simply compiles the last 8-10 posts from LDSTech.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

The Newsletter content is made up of OLD LDS Tech posts, those posts go out on Facebook, Twitter, etc... I view them as they come out. This newsletter has no value for me in that the content is always old. I guess it probably goes out to many people who don't frequent the tech site.

How about a section: What to look for next month, or a write-up about something in-process not released yet. a LDS Tech Labs area, something to keep my interest.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

John, I'm glad you stay updated through the Twitter, Facebook, etc. notifications of the new posts. You're right that the newsletter contains nothing new that isn't already published and available. However, a lot of people don't monitor Twitter, Facebook, Google +, or the LDSTech Forum regularly, so delivering the content in a consolidated email format allows them to stay updated.

Re the LDSTech Labs area, that's an interesting idea. We've focused a lot on beta testing opportunities this year. Other Church publications typically don't announce beta products; they tend to wait until the official release to mention it. It might be neat to have an area on LDSTech that consolidates all of these beta testing opportunities into one glance.

Thanks for your feedback. And thanks for staying up to date on the content we publish.

Return to “Featured Article Discussions”