getting different class count depending on which report i use

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sasgrw

getting different class count depending on which report i use

Post by sasgrw »

Membership > Member List > List by: Mia Maids

At the bottom of the report I get "Count: 15 (filtered from 542 total)"

Organization > Young Women

At the bottom, the Mia Maid class list shows 15

Reports > Unit Stats

Near the bottom left, the YW section, it says there are *13* members.

The difference is two YW that are not baptized. I guess the difference in numbers is correct. When we report quarterly numbers, we don't include youth that haven't been baptized in our total numbers, even though those youth appear on the attendance rolls. It's just kind of confusing seeing different numbers depending where you look.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

sasgrw wrote:Membership > Member List > List by: Mia Maids

The difference is two YW that are not baptized. I guess the difference in numbers is correct. When we report quarterly numbers, we don't include youth that haven't been baptized in our total numbers, even though those youth appear on the attendance rolls. It's just kind of confusing seeing different numbers depending where you look.
You are correct that it is confusing. It's caused by terms used by us (and the computer) such as MEMBER, as opposed to definitions used "for statistical and reporting purposes" for the same or similar terms.

For example, a Mia Maids might have 15 CLASS MEMBERS on a roll or class list, as pointed out by you (I added the bold italics below)
Membership > Member List > List by: Mia Maids

but all 15 of those may not meet the official definition of CHURCH MEMBERS for "statistical and reporting purposes" when counting for the quarterlies and some other reports:
A person who is nine years of age or older who has a membership record but has not been baptized and confirmed is not considered a member of record.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”