RESERVATIONS disappeared - RESTORE available? - LOG of modifications?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
michaelfish

RESERVATIONS disappeared - RESTORE available? - LOG of modifications?

Post by michaelfish »

August 1, 2012:

Our Stake shares a facility (4 ball fields and pavillion) with 5 other Stakes and we are the hosting Stake. Recently, we discovered many future RESERVATIONS have disappeared and we are now other Stakes are scheduling in slots they are not supposed to.

I have three questions:
  1. Is there a backup of SETTINGS, RESERVATIONS and EVENTS tied to a particular location which could be restored?
  2. Is there a log or history of modifications we could research to find out if these RESERVATIONS were deleted by a user/scheduler/other?
  3. If by chance this is a data error (corruption), has this been reported by anyone else?
We have found that the settings for this location seem to have been changed. Where it used to have Choose rooms to be scheduled at this location checked, it now has Treat this location as a single room checked. This may have caused the ROOMS (in our case, we called these ball fields) to be removed. If it is possible to have data restored, it would really help us out.

Any thoughts?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I don't know the answer to most of your questions, but here are a couple of thoughts:
  • However the location may have gotten changed to be "Treat this location as a single room," that certainly accounts for the rooms being lost. That sounds more like user error than any other kind of data corruption, and there aren't that many stake administrators who have rights to change that setting.
  • One possible place you might find an older version of your data is on the beta calendar site (lds.org/calendarws). There happens to be a beta test in progress right now, and the beta site uses a snapshot of your data from sometime in the past. If that snapshot was taken before these changes occurred, that might give you a way to capture the old data.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

That sounds more like user error than any other kind of data corruption, and there aren't that many stake administrators who have rights to change that setting

That's why I'm asking if there is a log. Only myself and the one reporting the problem are Building Schedulers.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

michaelfish wrote:That's why I'm asking if there is a log. Only myself and the one reporting the problem are Building Schedulers.
But that setting can't be changed by a building scheduler -- only a stake administrator (it sounds like you have both roles, but it's not your Building Scheduler role that lets you do this). There are more stake administrators than building schedulers -- the whole stake presidency, exec sec, stake clerks (including assistants), and stake website administrators.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

I checked the Beta site and you were right, the calendar does have some events/reservations populated (although, how current is unknown). Thanks for this suggestion.

It would be nice to find out when and why this happened so we can make sure it doesn't happen again. This could turn out to be a real nightmare and I sure don't want it happening again.

Return to “Calendar”