stake directories

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
weboat2gether

stake directories

Post by weboat2gether »

I am very disappointed that I am unable to access addresses of families in our ward and stake on the tools. I see the families names, but no address! When I am traveling out and about I do not carry my ward directory or my stake directory with me. So I rely on my smart phone being able to access it online. But alas! I only get phone numbers. Which does not help me find their house. I realize some people would like to keep some information private but as a leader I need to know how I can contact people without carrying large binders filled with papers that change rapidly. I want that info at my fingertips. How can I get that?????
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You should ba able to see it. Are you using LDS Tools? What type of phone do you have? iOS, Android, or something else. What country are you in? What leadership position do you hold?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

weboat2gether wrote:I am very disappointed that I am unable to access addresses of families in our ward and stake on the tools. I see the families names, but no address! When I am traveling out and about I do not carry my ward directory or my stake directory with me. So I rely on my smart phone being able to access it online. But alas! I only get phone numbers. Which does not help me find their house. I realize some people would like to keep some information private but as a leader I need to know how I can contact people without carrying large binders filled with papers that change rapidly. I want that info at my fingertips. How can I get that?????
I checked this using my wife's logon to lds.org. As she holds no special calling that would provide additional access, she's still able to see an address of any selected household in our stake. Of special note is that when you choose to print a selected ward directory you must be sure that the address box is checked to insure that you're going to have the address printed. I didn't see any problem.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Personal data, address and email, are visible only if member give his permission. Maybe depend of privacy local laws.
Here in Italy all personal data are invisible to all but Stake President and Bishop.
Data are visible to all only if member, or clerck, confirm the permission to be shown.
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

In the US we grant access by default, and the member must choose to remove themselves. In the US the only limit to what people have published is that outside of your unit (ward/branch) you are unable to see any data about the minor children in the stake. I suspect a corrupted install of the mobile app.

Return to “Member Tools”