Can't create calendar events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bradc77

Can't create calendar events

Post by bradc77 »

I'm a stake web site administrator with two people in my stake who are unable to create calendar events. One of them happens to be my wife - a ward relief society president. The other is a new building scheduler. It is very important that both of these people be able to schedule calendar events.

In both cases, clicking on a date to create an event, simply selects that date. The dialog to create a calendar event is never shown. I have trained many people throughout the stake on how to use the calendar system, and only these two have had this problem.

I would be most appreciative if someone could help me solve this problem.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bradc77 wrote:I'm a stake web site administrator with two people in my stake who are unable to create calendar events. One of them happens to be my wife - a ward relief society president. The other is a new building scheduler. It is very important that both of these people be able to schedule calendar events.

In both cases, clicking on a date to create an event, simply selects that date. The dialog to create a calendar event is never shown. I have trained many people throughout the stake on how to use the calendar system, and only these two have had this problem.

I would be most appreciative if someone could help me solve this problem.
The key question is if these two people are actually calendar editors for at least one calendar. If they are not, then the behavior you are describing is exactly what one would expect to happen -- only calendar editors (or administrators) can create events.

A ward RS president is not automatically a calendar editor. If the ward used the calendar setup wizard to create its calendars, then there should be a calendar called Relief Society that the RS president would be an editor for, but wards are not required to set up their calendars that way. Even if there is such a calendar with the RS president designated as an editor, two other conditions must be met:
  • The RS president must be entered in MLS with the standard calling "Relief Society President";
  • She must also subscribe to that calendar.
A building scheduler is not a calendar editor by virtue of his assignment as building scheduler. He can only create events if he is also designated as the editor of at least one calendar (could be a ward or stake calendar).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bradc77

Post by bradc77 »

That all makes sense. I'll check...

Thanks for the response.

Return to “Calendar”