LDS tools membership list does not match MLS

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
cougs

LDS tools membership list does not match MLS

Post by cougs »

Our ward has been having this problem for quite some time now. We have several households that are no longer in our ward, yet they still show up in LDS tools. These members do not show up in either MLS or the Local Unit Directory on lds.org.

Any solutions or links to previous threads on this topic?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cougs wrote:Our ward has been having this problem for quite some time now. We have several households that are no longer in our ward, yet they still show up in LDS tools. These members do not show up in either MLS or the Local Unit Directory on lds.org.

This may be a bit too obvious, but since you didn't mention it, I'll ask: Have you synchronized your date on LDS Tools recently? The data doesn't get updated automatically -- you have to choose to sync.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cougs

Post by cougs »

aebrown wrote:This may be a bit too obvious, but since you didn't mention it, I'll ask: Have you synchronized your date on LDS Tools recently? The data doesn't get updated automatically -- you have to choose to sync.
Yes, and it's not just my device--multiple members have the same problem, both on the Android and iOS apps.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cougs wrote:We have several households that are no longer in our ward, yet they still show up in LDS tools. These members do not show up in either MLS or the Local Unit Directory on lds.org.
Just out of curiosity, did they move to another unit or to "Address Unknown"? I'm just wondering of the Tools API is looking at things differently.

Also how much time has passed? There might be a time lag for things to sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbrookfowler

Post by sbrookfowler »

Same problem here. Our stake created two new units over a month ago and all members that were transferred to new units still show up in LDS Tools in their prior units (and correctly in their new units). In MLS and on lds.org, the members are in their correct units, no duplication. Seems to be a "bug" in the Tools program, but I'll try any suggestions. Thanks.
cougs

Post by cougs »

sbrookfowler wrote:Same problem here. Our stake created two new units over a month ago and all members that were transferred to new units still show up in LDS Tools in their prior units (and correctly in their new units). In MLS and on lds.org, the members are in their correct units, no duplication. Seems to be a "bug" in the Tools program, but I'll try any suggestions. Thanks.

Ours is the same situation. The members still showing up were moved out of the ward due to a boundary realignment.
tlexwhite

Post by tlexwhite »

Members in our ward are experiencing the same problem. As others have indicated, this problem started after a boundary realignment and the members affected are those whose membership records were transferred to a new ward. MLS and lds.org are both correct. LDS Tools shows the affected members still in their old ward.
wheeler.spokane

Post by wheeler.spokane »

A very specific problem that we are experiencing in a student-based ward in a Provo YSA Stake is that when an individual/household moves out of the ward (the records are no longer found in MLS), the individual/household remains in LDS Tools (Android and iOS) with the new address/phone number. One idea we had was that we may have to delete the calling attached to the record in LDS Tools (even though the record didn't exist in MLS), but that didn't work. Has anyone had any success with a case like this?
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Just wanted to add a "me too", but ours was just a simple move out of the ward. The records of a family were sent to a neighboring stake several months ago. LDSTools still shows them in our ward (yes I resynced the data, no I didn't crash when resyncing) but lds.org does not. It doesn't sound like this has been resolved yet.
cougs

Post by cougs »

Looks like the latest LDS Tools update may have fixed the issue.

Return to “Member Tools”