"Send a message" to All MP Holders and Prospective Elders only sends to Prosp. Elders

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
marobert

"Send a message" to All MP Holders and Prospective Elders only sends to Prosp. Elders

Post by marobert »

"Send a message" to All Melchizedek Priesthood Holders and Prospective Elders only sends to Prospective Elders.
genman

Post by genman »

I'm seeing the same problem too. Just now I reported this as a bug report via the "Submit Feedback" link on the lower left of the Clerk Resources page. My understanding is that reporting problems there are more likely to eventually get back to the software developers.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

This doesn't help you resolve it but I looked at the html code and it appears to have the right info in the anchor tag that's passed on down to the javascript. I was just curious of the "MP and PEs" had the same info as just the PEs. They don't.

Code: Select all

<li class="group-lists-items">
   <a data="7070" title="Add this group to your recipient list" style="cursor: pointer;">High Priests</a>
</li>
   <a data="7080" title="Add this group to your recipient list" style="cursor: pointer;">Prospective Elders</a>
</li>
   <a data="7090" title="Add this group to your recipient list" style="cursor: pointer;">All Melchizedek Priesthood Holders and Prospective Elders</a>
</li>
Notice the "data=7070" in the HP list. It uses 7080 for PEs and 7090 for MP and PEs. If PE and MP were both using 7080, that would be an obvious bug. I poked around messaging.js (included file) but then decided I was spending too much time on this :-) Hopefully your feedback will get things fixed.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”