Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) - can't attach photos

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
mwgrover

Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) - can't attach photos

Post by mwgrover »

I am unable to attach photos to my reported issues. When I get to the "Attach Files" screen, I click Choose File, choose my file (which is then listed in the Attachment Name box), type a description, and then click Upload.

When I click Upload, however, the name of my file immediately disappears from the Attachment Name box, while a progress bar appears out to the right. Nothing I try can get the file to upload.

I have tried this in both Safari and Chrome, on Mac OS X 10.6.8.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator note: This thread was moved from the FM: Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) Pilot thread as it address issues with the program rather than the roll-out of the program.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mwgrover

Post by mwgrover »

Figured it out! The file size must have been too large. I don't know if there is a limitation in the site itself, or if the system was just timing out. My photo was about 2.5 MB, so I reduced it down to approx 300 KB and it uploaded immediately. So if anyone has the same problem, try reducing your photo file size.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”