Cannot add household photo for part-member families

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
dallasdouglassmith

Cannot add household photo for part-member families

Post by dallasdouglassmith »

Hello,
I am the ward clerk and I have been uploading photos of members of our ward for a few months. I've noticed I can't upload a household photo for a family where the wife is a member but the husband is not. I can, however, upload a household photo for a family where the husband is a member but the wife is not. The "add photo" link appears to be active, but nothing happens when I click on it. So to recap:

Husband member, wife non-member: CAN upload household photo
Husband non-member, wife member: CANNOT upload household photo

Is this by design or is this a bug? I'm using Internet Explorer 9 FYI.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.
gregbishop

Unable to upload nonmember husband's individual photo

Post by gregbishop »

I am able to upload a household photo (using Google Chrome, if that matters) for a household with a nonmember husband and a member wife. However, I am not able to upload an individual photo of the non-member husband. Is there a way to do this or are nonmembers unable to have an individual photo?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gregbishop wrote:I am able to upload a household photo (using Google Chrome, if that matters) for a household with a nonmember husband and a member wife. However, I am not able to upload an individual photo of the non-member husband. Is there a way to do this or are nonmembers unable to have an individual photo?
Nonmembers cannot have an individual photo on the Directory. They clearly can't sign in and upload it themselves, and administrators are also not allowed to upload photos for nonmembers.

Thanks for responding to the household photo question for part-member families. Indeed, there is no restriction on household photos for families that include nonmembers -- in my ward we have multiple households with a nonmember husband, and these households have photos on the Directory.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dallasdouglassmith

Post by dallasdouglassmith »

I just tried it with the latest version of Chrome and get the same result. Again, this is for a household with a non-member husband and a member wife. The link to upload a household photo appears, but when I click on it, nothing happens (no pop-up window...etc). I think this is a bug. I don't think the church would prohibit such a couple from having a household picture yet still allow a member husband/non-member wife to have a household picture.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”