MLS to WEB Updates

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
jhopson

MLS to WEB Updates

Post by jhopson »

How often is the web updated from the MLS records transmitted to Salt Lake. There are several phone numbers wrong with the online membership directory and all these numbers are correct in MLS and have been transmitted to Salt Lake.

Can I ask to have this updated at any time or is a set schedule.

Thank You
JHopson
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

It is on a set weekly schedule. If you update information in MLS it should be posted to the local unit web site within one week of youur transmission.
jhopson

Post by jhopson »

I have made several updates with new address and phone number to MLS but non of them have been updates to the unit web site. Its has been almost 3 months since I changed my address is MLS myself and and still has not been updated on the unit website. As of now all address that are not correct I am having to hide them on the web site. Could someone shed some light on this or get the message out to ever handles this to correct the problem. If I have to I will send a message through MLS.

Thank You
JHopson
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What procedure did you use to change the addresses? I'm not sure if MLS has this flaw, but the old MIS system had a way that you could change the addresses in the local database without sending them to church headquarters.

Is the move in/move out also affected or is that staying up to date?
jhopson

Post by jhopson »

I change the address by going to the individule or household records nd editing the address. When ever I request records to be moved in or movied out I get the correct address in MLS and on he web site. But when ever I do change the address and it is transmitted to Salt Lake. I show and address change on the transmission report.

Thank You
JHopson
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sounds like it would be worth a call or a message to SLC about what's going on.
ShirtsDre

Post by ShirtsDre »

The address updates are synchronized with transmitted data from MLS once a week. Normally, if the data has been updated in MLS and transmitted to SLC, it will show up within a week from being transmitted.

I often find that data that has been updated in MLS but has yet to show up in the website usually means it hasn't been transmitted to SLC. It can be verified that the data has been transmitted to the database that we retrieve MLS data from. If we prove that it has been submitted, but doesn't show on the website, a manual flush of the unit's pages can be performed, causing the changes to show. Request this investigation through the Stake and Ward Websites helpdesk.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”