Removing YW from Personal Progress Site After Graduation

Discussions about other Church websites
bhall

Removing YW from Personal Progress Site After Graduation

Post by bhall »

We have a number of young women in our ward who have graduated from high school and are no longer in the Young Women program. How do we remove these users from the Personal Progress site? I am unfamiliar with the Personal Progress web app, and so I do not know if there is a feature that allows our YW President to manage the users she is currently monitoring via the Personal Progress site.

Thanks!
dotbody

Graduated YW should be removed from Personal Progress Leader Dashboard

Post by dotbody »

Hi Bhall. I have the same issue. There are 6 YW in our ward who are graduated and are now officially part of the RS. However, all 6 remain in the personal progress leader dashboard. I've been able to review this dashboard and verify there's no way to remove them within the app.

I imagine this is due to one of three reasons. 1) The app was intentionally programmed to display all YW up until they turn 19, in order to allow leaders to finish up recording PP or some other reason, or 2) The app was programmed without the ability to sync with MLS settings on a regular basis, so the data becomes out of sync for some period of time, or 3) The app devs didn't think to automatically remove YW who have graduated to RS.

In the cases of 2 and 3, I would say this is a bug that needs to be fixed soon. Perhaps, as bhall mentions, the YW presidency should have permissions to remove YW from the dashboard. Or, better yet, it should simply pull from the same database MLS uses. In the case of reason 1, I disagree with the logic. Women in RS who are no longer part of personal progress should not be tracked by leaders no longer responsible for them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Question #17 of the FAQs shows where to email for support. Last I heard, the organizational information in MLS is not transmitted to CHQ. As a result, Personal Progress has no way know knowing when when the ward moves a YW to RS. All it has to go on is the membership record itself. Meaning, birth-date.

Since the YW herself starts the process, perhaps there's a link on her page to drop out of the system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bhall

Post by bhall »

Our YW Pres emailed the support for the Personal Progress site and was told that until they turn 19 or their records are transferred out of the ward they will remain in the Personal Progress site.
dotbody

Post by dotbody »

Hmm, I suppose this makes sense if MLS doesn't transmit organizational info. It seems a bit funny that MLS will automatically push YW to Relief Society when they're 18, but this PP tracker doesn't do it until they're 19. I imagine this is probably for the best if you had to pick between the two, as it would allow any final PP awards, etc, to be organized even after turning 18.

However, given this, I would recommend the following:
1) Message the fact that girls will be removed when they're 19 (either on the leader dashboard, or at least in the FAQ)
2) Still allow leaders to delete YW from the dashboard. Perhaps only allowing this delete option for the 18-year-olds.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dotbody wrote:It seems a bit funny that MLS will automatically push YW to Relief Society when they're 18, but this PP tracker doesn't do it until they're 19. I imagine this is probably for the best if you had to pick between the two, as it would allow any final PP awards, etc, to be organized even after turning 18.

The MLS "move" can be undone will little harm. Dropping out of PP is more destructive. And since 18-yo high school students are not that unusual, it's understandable that PP is a little more conservative.

But some way of removing the YM from the leader's dashboard is needed until a more complete solution can be put into place.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rbest

Post by rbest »

Just an oppisite issue, MLS will automatically move YW to RS when they turn 18. In the US they usually stay in YW until high school graduation. This past spring I was unable to list the Laurels president in MLS because she was listed in RS, yet I was able to list a counceler and secretary. ...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rbest wrote:Just an oppisite issue, MLS will automatically move YW to RS when they turn 18. In the US they usually stay in YW until high school graduation. This past spring I was unable to list the Laurels president in MLS because she was listed in RS, yet I was able to list a counceler and secretary. ...
If an 18-year-old female is still part of the YW organization, it is easy enough to move her back to the Young Women organization (just go to the RS organization list of members, click the Remove link by the YW, and specify Laurels as the destination organization). Then you can list her as Laurels President in MLS.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Other Websites”