iPads and Indexing

heidialyssa

iPads and Indexing

Post by heidialyssa »

According to my Stake and Ward, the indexing I am doing on my iPad is not being registered by whatever tracking software is used. Are there issues specific to the indexing app that has not been put on the forum? I've tried to search for the latest developments, but come up empty. Does anyone else have this glitch? If so, could I get some clarification on this as I'd like to be counted for the 546 names I've done thusfar. Thank you in advance for any information.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

That is correct the names indexed by the APP are NOT recorded and logged to the Stake or Ward names list. They receive no logging of those names. So, IF you are only indexing to get credit I'm afraid you are being give credit for your efforts to the Stake. However YOUR individual log does track the number of names you index, just does not share that with the Stake/Ward tally.
heidialyssa

Post by heidialyssa »

KenRichins wrote:That is correct the names indexed by the APP are NOT recorded and logged to the Stake or Ward names list. They receive no logging of those names. So, IF you are only indexing to get credit I'm afraid you are being give credit for your efforts to the Stake. However YOUR individual log does track the number of names you index, just does not share that with the Stake/Ward tally.

So indexing can only be done on a computer for the time? Are there plans to extend this to the iPhone/iPads? Not just doing it for "credit" but my ward is participating in a Family Search Indexing Project and my name is not listed as a participant.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

For the STAKE to see how many and who is indexing they only get that from those doing complete batches. YES, they will be adding those using the Apple APP and the Android App and the Windows Phone App, the ability to be shown in the Stake Reports. BUT, for now these are BETA Apps and as such do NOT have all of the features of the computer system. This will change in the NEAR future. Normally it take six months to a year for the BETA to get all the features added. These are less then 3 months old and those features are close to being added. There are MANY APPS being written and VERY FEW working on those Apps. It is a miracle!

Return to “Mobile Applications”