Elders Quorum President can edit callings??

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
simonawright

Elders Quorum President can edit callings??

Post by simonawright »

A ward has reported that an Elders quorum president is able to edit callings on MLS even though he only has 'organisation' rights.

Is this right?

Any thoughts?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The MLS manual doesn't details what rights "organization" gives, but I believe that is normal.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

What I am seeing in MLS for the Organization rights set is that the ability to edit callings.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

Thanks for the info.

I would have expected the rights to edit callings to be tied into the edit membership rights, it is not something I would expect an auxiliary president to do at any time.

I will file it in the useful info drawer.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It wouldn't be so bad if the rights were limited to callings within the respective organization, but that's not the case. As such, one needs to be sure that all users of MLS are trustworthy to keep their hands out of where they don't belong. (As well as the obvious part about maintaining privacy.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

It has been mentioned that the ability to edit callings is a feature that will appear on LDS.org at some point in the future. I expect that Bishoprics and clerks, at the ward level, will have the ability to edit callings to begin with, might be interesting to see if anyone else, can do it.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”