Is it possible to access Stake MLS from multiple locations?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
psnarula

Is it possible to access Stake MLS from multiple locations?

Post by psnarula »

I am the ward clerk in my unit. The Stake RS President is also a member of my unit. She asked me today if it is possible for her to access Stake MLS (specifically visiting teaching reports for each unit in the Stake) without driving to the stake center (75 minutes away). How is this done in other stakes?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

psnarula wrote:I am the ward clerk in my unit. The Stake RS President is also a member of my unit. She asked me today if it is possible for her to access Stake MLS (specifically visiting teaching reports for each unit in the Stake) without driving to the stake center (75 minutes away). How is this done in other stakes?
It is not possible to access stake MLS from another location (not within policy, anyway). Tools are gradually being developed for LDS.org that will enable appropriate leaders to access to this kind of data from any browser, but that is not yet available for home or visiting teaching data.

But even in my stake, in which the maximum travel time from one end to the other is about 5 minutes, the stake RS president doesn't access stake MLS. If she wants a report, I generate it for her. I can do that in a minute or two anytime I am on the stake computer anyway. That's much simpler than figuring out how to give her physical access to the stake clerk's office and training her how to use MLS.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:If she wants a report, I generate it for her. I can do that in a minute or two anytime I am on the stake computer anyway. That's much simpler than figuring out how to give her physical access to the stake clerk's office and training her how to use MLS.

Not to mention scheduling her access.

I'd suggest running the report monthly and tossing it into her "in" box.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”