Way to prevent certain individuals from showing up in rolls/lists in MLS?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
kelchenk

Way to prevent certain individuals from showing up in rolls/lists in MLS?

Post by kelchenk »

There are a couple of situations where people have asked about excluding certain individuals from showing up in certain rolls or lists.

One example is a member who is considered accountable, but whose disabilities will prevent him from ever going on a mission or being ordained to the priesthood (his appearance on related lists is a sensitive matter for family). Another example was someone who appears on the YSA list who was living with his girlfriend who he has a child with.

My guess is that I wouldn't be able to alter the default filters in place (such as for the action and interview list) and that I would have to make a custom report.

Suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kelchenk wrote:There are a couple of situations where people have asked about excluding certain individuals from showing up in certain rolls or lists.

Some lists in MLS are generated using specific rules. That would include lists of people missing ordinances, or YSA (which are simply single members 18-30). The only way a person will not appear on such lists is if they don't match the criteria, which in the cases you mentioned can't really be done. So your only other option would be to make a custom report to mimic the list and specifically exclude the person(s).

Other lists in MLS involve organization membership. Most rolls are in this category. In that case, for most organizations you can remove the member from the organization and then print the roll.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kelchenk

Post by kelchenk »

Thanks, aebrown! It is certainly appreciated. :)

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”