Help with LDS tools

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
crose

Help with LDS tools

Post by crose »

I am trying to help my husband download the LDS tools ap to his new android phone. I can download it but it won't authenticate. When I go to the website on the computer to try to find some help I can log into his LDS account with his MRN (member record number) but it is indicating that he is not a member! If he has a member number, how can he not be a member?! I'm getting a little frustrated and there is no number to call to get help. I've even tried sending emails twice but have had no response. Can anyone help me?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Generally, your MRN number is only needed when you first create the account to help verify your membership identity and link you to a particular Ward/Stake. After that, it shouldn't be needed anymore. I hope your husband didn't accidentally enter his MRN number as his User Name and left the MRN field blank. That might explain what you are seeing.

You are welcome to create an LDS Account for yourself, by following the information outlined HERE.

There is also information on the above link under "Overview" on how to contact them for solving issues you may be experiencing.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When you say "the website", what website are you referring to?

You log into LDS Tools with a LDS Account. This is the same account that is used on lds.org, the directory, calendar, etc.

While you use the MRN to set up the account and to recover a lost login, as far as I know, you can't "Sign into his LDS account with his MRN".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:You are welcome to create an LDS Account for yourself, by following the information outlined HERE.

She had to use a LDS Account to post here. (Although I suppose it could be her husband's.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

RussellHltn wrote:She had to use a LDS Account to post here. (Although I suppose it could be her husband's.)
I just thought of that after I placed the post. :mad:

crose, here's another thought I had... If your husband's original LDS Account somehow didn't get linked to his MRN number, closely follow the above steps and have him create another account that IS linked. Then you can forget about the old one and just use the new one.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:If your husband's original LDS Account somehow didn't get linked to his MRN number, closely follow the above steps and have him create another account that IS linked. Then you can forget about the old one and just use the new one.

Or, go to ldsaccount.lds.org and enter the MRN for that account.

crose

Post by crose »

Thank you for your suggestions. My son was able to help us. I'm not sure what he different that I did several times yesterday, but his (my husband's) status has been changed and he is now able to get the LDS Tools on his phone! Hooray!

Thanks again,

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

crose wrote:Thank you for your suggestions. My son was able to help us.
Shall the youth of Zion falter? Wow, if they ever did we'd all be in serious trouble. ;)

Glad you got it figured out.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”