Suggestion: In Directory, show members unit when searching under stake.

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
veehb

Suggestion: In Directory, show members unit when searching under stake.

Post by veehb »

This has been hashed over many times in the past couple of months in the LDS.org, Directory forum.

When searching for a member in LDS.org Directory when you don't know the unit he resides in, you go to "Stake Information". If that member is in the stake, it returns information on his household, but does not tell you which unit (ward, or branch) he resides in. It would be nice to have the unit name included in the household information that is returned here, so that you know which ward he is in. There are work-arounds. If you are a leader, you can find that by doing a Member Search in the Leadership and Clerk Tools. But that only returns the name, phone number, and unit name. Then you have to go to the directory to see the rest of his information. Non-leaders don't have access to that function. You can request to see a map of the members home ward, but that map does not tell you which ward is mapped and it is tedious to expand the map and try to guess where ward boundaries are (not noted on this map).

Could this apparently simple change be implemented in the next revision of MLS?

Thanks.
veehb -- Stake Executive Secretary
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

veehb wrote: If you are a leader, you can find that by doing a Member Search in the Leadership and Clerk Tools. But that only returns the name, phone number, and unit name.
If you click on the name in the select list it will open their member information page.
veehb

Post by veehb »

Yes it does. I didn't know that before, and appreciate your reply. So that gives me most of what I want. There is more information here than in the LDS.org directory listing.

This is very good for leaders, but members without leadership positions won't be able to access this information. Probably fewer of them need to know the ward of someone in the stake. But, I understand that this change would not be difficult and still suggest they do it. It could look like the directory in the LDSTools app.

It was suggested that I post this suggestion in the the Feedback area on LDS.org, which I have done.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”