Similar Issue

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bfrancom

Similar Issue

Post by bfrancom »

I am the ward clerk, and just moved to a new house within our ward. How do I change my address? Does it have to be done in MLS? I'd really like to be able to do this via the web directory:
https://www.lds.org/directory
Not only for myself, but I think this would be good for clerks in general...For example, if you need to append or change address information; like if you need to add a suite number/apartment number, or change a zip code or something.
Am I missing some other tool online that does this?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator note: This thread was moved from the Updating Address After Moving thread in the Mapsforum since it is really a different discussion.
bfrancom wrote:I am the ward clerk, and just moved to a new house within our ward. How do I change my address? Does it have to be done in MLS?
Yes. Currently this can only be done in MLS.
bfrancom wrote:I'd really like to be able to do this via the web directory:
The ability to edit addresses is a feature that will be available online some time in the future. We have not been told when or through what applications. I could be in either the directory or Clerk Resources or both.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
genman

Post by genman »

jdlessley wrote:Yes. Currently this can only be done in MLS... The ability to edit addresses is a feature that will be available online some time in the future. We have not been told when or through what applications. I could be in either the directory or Clerk Resources or both.
Editing the address within the ward appears to be available now. I just edited my address via Clerk Resources > Membership > Member List. Then type a name in the "Find member in list" box. Click on the name of the person, then press the Edit link. It allows someone with Clerk Resources access to edit phone, email, street address, etc. It doesn't allow you to move them out of the ward, but you can correct the address within the ward. That functionality is currently available via Clerk Resources.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

genman wrote:Editing the address within the ward appears to be available now.
I thought it was. But since I have not attempted to edit an address online I could not remember where. For the purposes of Clerk Resources contact information includes household address. This is not consistent across applications because in the directory "contact information" only applies to phone number and e-mail address.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

genman wrote:It allows someone with Clerk Resources access to edit phone, email, street address, etc. It doesn't allow you to move them out of the ward, but you can correct the address within the ward. That functionality is currently available via Clerk Resources.

Just to clarify, this is available only to those with access to Clerk Resources at the ward level; those with access at the stake level cannot edit residential or mailing addresses online in any way.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
genman

Post by genman »

bfrancom wrote:How do I change my address? Does it have to be done in MLS? I'd really like to be able to do this via the web directory: https://www.lds.org/directory
By the way, ward-level clerks can change phone numbers and email addresses via the web directory. But it does not appear to be a very reliable way to change contact info. When I tried that, it was buggy; the info did not get to MLS in some cases. So now when I need to change any kind of contact info within the ward, I always do it via Clerk Resources>Membership>MemberList. I have not had any problems doing it that way, and that way also allows you to change the address too.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”