Retriving Donation Batch from 7/1/12 backup

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
gingus

Retriving Donation Batch from 7/1/12 backup

Post by gingus »

When I went to do our donations for Sun, I got a message that there wasn't a donation on 7/1. There was a donation that was input and sent, etc.

Since there have been two donations since then, would there be a way that SLC would be able to extract the 7/1 data from the backup without having to reinput the batch?

I would really like to do this rather than reinput the batch. So, anyone have any experience with something like this?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

gingus wrote:When I went to do our donations for Sun, I got a message that there wasn't a donation on 7/1. There was a donation that was input and sent, etc.
Are you saying this batch is present and verified in your local MLS? If it is, then contacting LUS would be the best course of action. They can recover the data from your MLS if it is there. Be at the ward computer when you do this because they will ask you to do at least one or more send/receive.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
gingus

Post by gingus »

It isn't showing up as an old batch when I look at previous' batches. I just thought the backup from 7/1 might have the 7/1 batch in it; thus allowing me to not reinput the batch again.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I would first make sure there is a good backup for today and then restore the 7/1 backup. Verify if the data is there or not. If it is, then contact LUS for their instructions as to what to do. If the data is not there then you will have to redo the batch using the paper records you have on file.

Don't forget to restore the latest backup before entering any new or lost data.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Assuming any batch was input on Sunday, then restoring any backup will cause a loss of data.

I think it's time to contact Local Unit Support.

Anytime you do a restore that changes the data, you need to contact Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gingus

Post by gingus »

We did input a batch on Sun. and the previous' sunday, after the 1st. That is why I am hoping the 1st batch would be included on the backup. So, I guess I will contact LUS. Thanks for the help.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:Assuming any batch was input on Sunday, then restoring any backup will cause a loss of data.
That is true only if a send/receive is accomplished. I have restored backups, viewed the data (no changes were made to the data nor a send/receive accomplished), and restored the current backup without issue. It is when a backup is restored and data changes made that issues are created. For these situations LUS definitely needs to be involved since they must synchronize MLS with headquarters databases. The purpose of restoring the 7/1 backup was only to view the data (see if the batch was there). The current backup would be restored before any data changes made.
JD Lessley
gingus

Post by gingus »

I just talked to LUS. They showed the batch in the CUBS bank account, but not in any of the MLS systems. So, they are going to send a copy of it back to the ward. I just have to make sure the P&L hasn't changed from before and after. This saves me a ton of input. That batch for some reason had a large number of tithing slips, and I really did not want to get a 2nd chance to input it again.

Thanks for all the help.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”