Repeating Events Not Working

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bhayashi

Repeating Events Not Working

Post by bhayashi »

Attempting to schedule a repeating event by either clicking on the day in the monthly view or by clicking on add event in the monthly view will only post a single event. When attempting to post a repeating event it will be accepted after you click to create the event but nothing shows up on the calendar in monthly or weekly view.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've adopted the practice of creating a single eent and then editing it to be repeating. The next version is in beta, so I doubt if this one will be fixed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TerryDM
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TerryDM »

I am unable to repeat this issue on the 2.1 beta version of the software. Could you attempt to create this event in the latest beta version and let us know the outcome. If you are still seeing the failure we will need to get addition details as to how you are creating your repeating event. The latest beta 2.1 version is available as of yesterday at http://www.lds.org/calendarws/
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Moderator is this a Beta Calendar or Calendar post?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Biggles wrote:Moderator is this a Beta Calendar or Calendar post?
This thread deals with the production Calendar. However, with the release of the beta being imminent, it is prudent to test any reported problems on the beta Calendar to determine if the problem persists in that version. I'm pretty sure that's what terrydm was requesting. It's unlikely any fixes will be made to the production version at this point, so reproducing the problem on the beta version will be more likely to result in a fix (or we may find that it is already fixed in beta, which would be good for everyone concerned).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

terrydm wrote:I am unable to repeat this issue on the 2.1 beta version of the software. Could you attempt to create this event in the latest beta version and let us know the outcome. If you are still seeing the failure we will need to get addition details as to how you are creating your repeating event. The latest beta 2.1 version is available as of yesterday at http://www.lds.org/calendarws/
OK I see where this answer is coming from! I jumped to the wrong conclusion regarding the reply, as the OP was talking about the problem in the production Calendar.
bhayashi

Post by bhayashi »

Attempted to do that but could not. It was allowing me to schedule. For some reason I am not seen as the scheduler on this beta version.

Return to “Calendar”