Ability to Add More Than One Class of Same Lesson and Room Number or Name

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
agifford

Ability to Add More Than One Class of Same Lesson and Room Number or Name

Post by agifford »

I was setting up our Sunday School Lesson Schedule today, after discovering the lesson scheduling tool, but the problem was that our ward holds two Gospel Doctrine classes with the same lesson at the same time - two different instructors. There is currently only the ability to add ONE instructor. I would like to make the schedule so that it shows both instructors that are teaching each Sunday as well as which classroom they are teaching in. This is the way I make the schedule currently in a Word Processor for our teachers, but it would sure be awesome to have this ability with this online schedule.
blainehand

Post by blainehand »

I too would like to add more than one instructor to a lesson or class because we have several classes taught by two instructors in primary.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

agifford wrote:I was setting up our Sunday School Lesson Schedule today, after discovering the lesson scheduling tool, but the problem was that our ward holds two Gospel Doctrine classes with the same lesson at the same time - two different instructors. There is currently only the ability to add ONE instructor. I would like to make the schedule so that it shows both instructors that are teaching each Sunday as well as which classroom they are teaching in. This is the way I make the schedule currently in a Word Processor for our teachers, but it would sure be awesome to have this ability with this online schedule.
This sounds like you actually have two different classes. They may exist for the same purpose and use the same lesson schedule but they are separate classes. For this situation I would create two classes and give them names that differentiate one from the other -- perhaps something like Gospel Doctrine A and Gospel Doctrine B. This way you can designate the instructor for each class. Unfortunately the ability to designate the classroom has not yet been added to the class information. But you could add that to the title of the class if that is suitable.

The limitation of having only one instructor for a class has been identified in other threads. This has been added to the list of changes to be implemented in some future release. I would note that having more than one classroom for the same class or same type of class has not been addressed. Others have suggested the ability to first create a class and then copy that schedule to another rather than having to duplicate the class schedules manually.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Lesson Schedules”