Moved in April but my account still shows me my old stake

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mre1322

Moved in April but my account still shows me my old stake

Post by mre1322 »

I moved in April from the McKinney, TX stake to the Allen, TX stake. When I login to the directory or lds tools app it still brings up the old stake, even though my family does not show up as being in the old ward. I have talked to my bishop and the clerks, and they assure me that all of my records have been moved and that me and my family show up in the new ward directory. I have been trying to find a phone number to call someone but to no avail.

What do I need to do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Someone would need to contact Local Unit Support. I'm not sure as they'd take the call from you but you can try. Otherwise, the ward or stake clerk would need to call.

Since April seems kind of extreme. Out of curiosity, what calling did you have in the old stake? I'm wondering if it might be something is not "releasing" you from the old calling. You're not the only one to report problems, but so far no one has been able to offer an explanation of what's going on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I moved these posts to a new thread from the Wrong Ward and Stake showing up after login thread. That old thread dealt with a specific infrastructure problem that is not at all related to directory issues when a member moves to a new ward.]
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
katya.kinzler

just solved this problem for myself

Post by katya.kinzler »

I had the same issue. The thing is that I "verified" household for my old location, so it showed an icon with two little blue people where my old house was. After I moved, a new address was showing in the directory and I was part of a different ward, but my little blue icon was still back at the old house in another city. I just went in and basically had to move that icon to where my new house is on their map on the website. Hope I am making sense! Let me know if I need to explain in more detail!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

katya.kinzler wrote:I had the same issue. The thing is that I "verified" household for my old location, so it showed an icon with two little blue people where my old house was. After I moved, a new address was showing in the directory and I was part of a different ward, but my little blue icon was still back at the old house in another city. I just went in and basically had to move that icon to where my new house is on their map on the website. Hope I am making sense! Let me know if I need to explain in more detail!
Sounds like you are talking about the Maps application and rather than the Directory application which this thread is about.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”