Ward and Stake Maps Not Working?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
iswcky

Ward and Stake Maps Not Working?

Post by iswcky »

Anyone else having problems with the ward and stake maps on LDS.org not working? After signing on to LDS.org and going to the Maps, as of Tuesday night we could see our ward and stake maps. The other map functions appear to work.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

iswcky wrote:Anyone else having problems with the ward and stake maps on LDS.org not working?
Everything is working fine for me in Windows XP and Firefox 13.0.1.
iswcky wrote:After signing on to LDS.org and going to the Maps, as of Tuesday night we could see our ward and stake maps. The other map functions appear to work.
Try clearing your browser cache and try the site again.

What operating system and browser are you using?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
iswcky

Post by iswcky »

Thanks for the quick response. We tried on the following:

Windows XP SP3, Internet Explorer 8 and FireFox 13.01 (2 different computers and locations)
Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9 and FireFox 13 (4 different computers and locations)
Mac OS X Lion, Safari 5.1.7 (1 location)

Appears to be only members of our stake. My relatives in other stakes are not having any problems. I'll contact LUS and see what they figure out. We just split a ward last Sunday. Maybe that has something to do with the problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

iswcky wrote:We just split a ward last Sunday. Maybe that has something to do with the problem?

Very likely. I'm not sure quickly they can update the maps with the new information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drporray

Post by drporray »

Since Friday afternoon (July 6th) LDS maps has not worked for me. The web page will come up but when I enter an address into the search field to find a meetinghouse, all that is returned is "Your search did not return any results". I have tried Internet Explorer and Firefox, at church, home, and at work. Nothing. Something must be down.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

I'm not seeing ANY problems with the LDS Maps app or the website.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I am also not having any issues.

Is the only issue with finding a meetinghouse for a specific address? I can get the "Your search did not return any results" if I enter an invalid address. That would be the first thing to verify using the USPS address lookup site.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”