Notes Feature Enhancement Suggestion

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
accampbell

Notes Feature Enhancement Suggestion

Post by accampbell »

The notes feature is nice. It would be very helpful to have an additional button at the bottom that was the "Notes" button. It would list all of my notes and let me tap directly from the note to the member the note is associated with. In addition, if I could add my own categories for notes such as "Last PPI" or "Last Presidency Visit", and be able to organize, change, and sort by these categories. Also, it would be helpful to be able to sort notes by date, and by category, then date. For example, if I wanted to filter to just see the list of my presidency visit notes, then sort those notes in an ascending or descending order by date. I envision that the view would show line-by-line, the date the note was created, the category, a snippet of text from the note, and the members name the note is associated with. With different categories, it would be nice to add a note, then when you want more notes, add another to that member, that way I could keep a note for their last PPI, and their last presidency visit as two distinct notes.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

May I suggest using the Apps Support and Feedback option, to bring this request to the attention of the developers.

This option is accessed by going to Setup>Info (Top right of Setup menu)>Support and Feedback menus.

This for the IPhone/IPod Touch etc.. I don't know if the Android version has this option as I believe it's being developed by a different team of volunteers.
accampbell

Post by accampbell »

Thanks. I did that. I also placed it here so others could think about it and see if the idea was worthwhile, or if it needed some revamping.
quandmeme

Post by quandmeme »

Can anyone comment on what the features of the notes system are? Are notes entered on a mobile device synchronized anywhere? Can they be extracted or searched?

The use case is a student ward with high turn over. I was looking at a dump of the csv file into bento for Mac & iPad. This would track individuals really well but would not handle the churn of membership very well. So this made me look back at the simple notes system that already has the means to handle the churn. Any suggestions on how to take advantage of the notes feature?

Return to “Member Tools”