Webcast - Error Adding video device

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
matthewoxford

Webcast - Error Adding video device

Post by matthewoxford »

We are using the Meetinghouse Webcast software to broadcast our meetings to a member who is hospitalized. When I start the Webcast software and go to add a video device, I select the camera and get :

Error adding None with None

Clink the bottom for details and get:

[font=&quot]Microsoft.Expression.Encoder.SystemErrorException: Cannot create device. The device may be in use by another program. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x813A000D[/font]
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
at ThrowHRESULT(Int32 hr)
at MS.Internal.Expression.Encoder.Live.LiveEncode.CreateTimelineSegments()
at MS.Internal.Expression.Encoder.Live.LiveEncode.AddDeviceSource(LiveDevice videoDevice, LiveDevice audioDevice)
at Microsoft.Expression.Encoder.Live.LiveJob.AddDeviceSource(EncoderDevice videoDevice, EncoderDevice audioDevice)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Expression.Encoder.Live.LiveJob.AddDeviceSource(EncoderDevice videoDevice, EncoderDevice audioDevice)
at Lds.CM.MeetinghouseWebcast.UI.ViewModels.DeviceSourceViewModel.ModifyDeviceSource()

I have also loaded the webcast software to my home computer to see if I would get the same results but it works just fine.

Any thoughts you might be able to give would be a great help
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Can you please describe a bit more your computer hardware, operating system, and video device you are trying to add.

Anything else running that might take charge of the camera, such a Skype? Have you tried adding the camera right after a fresh reboot?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
matthewoxford

Post by matthewoxford »

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545, with Windows 7 Home Premium. Pentium dual-core CPU T45000 @ 2.30 Ghz 2.30 Ghz. 2 GB Ram, 64 bit operating system

I'm trying to use a Logitech 9000 USB camera/mic.

I can get the mic to load as an audio device on this system with out problems. But when you select the video as a input device I get the error listed below.

I cant find anything else taking charge of the camera. I have tried restarting the computer and immediately trying add the device.

I have uninstalled the Logitech software, uninstalled and reinstalled the camera drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled webcast & Microsoft expression encoder. Updated USB and video card drivers.

I can get this camera to load on two other computers just fine.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to try another USB port.

You might also look to see what IRQs are assigned to what. I'm old-school from back when we had to make sure all hardware had it's own IRQ. These days, drivers should play together and allow IRQ sharing. But not all drivers play nicely. Moving the affected device to another IRQ can help.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

I don't know if this is relevant for you, but in our experience (for some reason), Microsoft Expression Encoder (which of course is really the software doing all of the heavy lifting behind Meetinghouse Webcast Software 3.0) does not do well with USB hubs, whether they are powered or not. Even a docking station for a laptop (my scenario) is considered a USB hub. So I always get errors unless I plug my webcam directly into a USB port on the laptop - won't work if it's going into the docking station.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”