Bible Videos on Roku - Mormon Channel

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
giffordrb

Bible Videos on Roku - Mormon Channel

Post by giffordrb »

Does anyone else have trouble with the bible videos now included on the roku's mormon channel? All other content appears fine, but the bible videos appear with horizontal lines ghost images. d
Ryan Gifford
MLS
JonesRC
Church Employee
Church Employee

Bible Videos on Roku

Post by JonesRC »

We are aware of the issue and working to re-encode the videos. We believe it is a 1080i issue with the video format. We are hoping to have the videos updated soon.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

There are two resolutions that Roku handles well, the 720p and 1080p resolutions. In fact, two of the four models only go up to 720p, while the two other models go up to 1080p.
JonesRC
Church Employee
Church Employee

Bible Videos Update

Post by JonesRC »

The videos have been updated. Please let us know about your experience. Hopefully the interlace issue has been addressed and you won't have the lines in your video.
rsrino

Streaming on Roku

Post by rsrino »

I tried to watch bible videos on the Roku on the Mormon Channel recently. They still have lines in them. My device handles 1080p and is connected to my TV via HDMI cable.
JonesRC
Church Employee
Church Employee

Bible Videos on Roku

Post by JonesRC »

rsrino wrote:I tried to watch bible videos on the Roku on the Mormon Channel recently. They still have lines in them. My device handles 1080p and is connected to my TV via HDMI cable.
What generation of Roku are you using. The new Roku 2 boxes have a newer processor in them and handle the video fine. We have found that the older generation of boxes are the ones with issues. Currently 50% of the market is made up of these boxes. We are in the process of re-encoding the videos so they will play on all platforms. This will resolve the line issue you are experiencing.
rsrino

Post by rsrino »

I have the Roku XD S. It is about a year old.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Since it is about a year old, this is likely a newer model. They have also issued at least two firmware updates that were pushed out automatically to all users on this model and all others. The XDS was first sold about a year ago as well being part of the current version line.

Return to “Digital Media”