Auxilliary Budget Information

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
rsmith06

Auxilliary Budget Information

Post by rsmith06 »

I am in the Young Mens Presidency and it would be nice to be able to see through lds.org how much Young Mens and Scounts have been allocated for the current year, how much has been used in the current year (including details).
Rob
Elders Quorum Secretary
Formerly Assistant Ward Clerk (Membership)
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Regretfully no finance information is available through lds.org, at the moment. However even if it were, the only persons to see any finance details, would be probably limited to certain members of the Bishopric. As I see from your previous calling in your signature you would probably be aware of that. Of course we can all hope that this might change in the future.

As far as I'm aware budget type items are normally sorted out at local level. If I'm wrong in my assumption, someone else on the forum will be able to correct that statement.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Biggles wrote:As far as I'm aware budget type items are normally sorted out at local level. If I'm wrong in my assumption, someone else on the forum will be able to correct that statement.

As far as I know, budgets are not transmitted to CHQ as part of CUBS. CUBS will track the expenses, donations, and transfers for every subcategory, but it has no concept of budgets.

So for the request of the OP to be satisfied, the budget information would have to get transmitted to CUBS and tracked there, and a whole set of finance features on LDS.org would have to be implemented, with appropriate permissions. I imagine that making specific budgets visible to people with callings associated with particular budget subcategories is low enough on the priority list that it will be a long time before we would see that.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”