Non-Member LDS account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
wrigjef

Non-Member LDS account

Post by wrigjef »

What does a non-member LDS account enable someone to do?
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

Depends on the Web site. In Family Search sites it allows them to submit data to the different trees offered there and to allow them to post GEDCOM's and Keeps pedigree as well as store Backup GEDCOM's of their personal database. On this site it would allow them to post to the forum. I think the biggest confusion it the title LDS Account. That really means an account to gain access to our programs and not really anything to do with being LDS or not being LDS, only that it is an account for accessing LDS sponsored web sites.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

So a non-member with an account can build a "my ancestors" section. Does that mean they can also log in at createfan.org and create a fan chart?
jameymower

Non-Member LDS Account

Post by jameymower »

How does a non-member obtain a LDS account?
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

Yes they can use the "my ancestors:" section and can build a pedigree just like a member can. Yes they use it to sign in to MOST sites that ask for an LDS account sign-in. They can NOT use it to sign in to www.lds.org web site. A non-member account is called a FamilySearch Account and can be created at www.FamilySearch.org. After creating an account they need to call FamilySearch Support and ask for access to new.FamilySearch.org AND FamilySearch Family Tree that will give them full access to ALL NON-Sacred information on our sites.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I signed up as a nonmember using an extra email address at the site ldsaccount.lds.org just to see what I could do. If you click on the register link then the link saying you are not a member, you have to enter your name and email along with some other info and you get a verification email before the account is activated. I can't figure out exactly what this does for me yet. I can log into lds.org but don't get access to any resources. I would like to figure this out because I will be talking to some members and non-members about lds.org and the web resources available at an internet safety expo/open house next month
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wrigjef wrote:I can log into lds.org but don't get access to any resources.
I'm guessing the login will get you the "My Study Notebook". I can't think of what else on lds.org it could be used for.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:I'm guessing the login will get you the "My Study Notebook". I can't think of what else on lds.org it could be used for.

Excellent guess -- My Study Notebook is the only item on the Tools menu of LDS.org that is available to nonmembers.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
misbach

Re: Non-Member LDS account

Post by misbach »

FamilySearch is now available to non-members.
jimbaird
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Non-Member LDS account

Post by jimbaird »

Non-member LDS Account allows individuals to order @ store.lds.org like a guest checkout but it also retains their orders and provides them a historical view of their orders and order details. They do not have access to the secure parts of the site.

Return to “Church Account”