Study Notebook on iPad

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
zaneclark

Study Notebook on iPad

Post by zaneclark »

Is it possible to use the My Study Notebook effectively on an iPad? I have been trying but it doesn't work very well. It looks like a great tool for the desktop, but it would be very handy to be able to use it on the iPad.
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

I have been using it very successfully on my iPad. I create notes and tags and when I go to my desktop the information is there. What seems to be your problem?
Kseibert

Similar problem

Post by Kseibert »

I can't get it to mark text with my iPad2. I want to be able to mark and send to My Study notebook but I cany get it ti highlight text even though I am signed to lds.org and the study box is checked. Any help is appreciated
cathy_loves_chocolate

Not able to highlight text on iPad in LDS.org

Post by cathy_loves_chocolate »

I am able to highlight text and save to notes on my iPad only through the LDS Gospel Library app. I am not able to do it on my iPad on LDS.org. It seems like there may be a bug or that this is not available yet on the iPad. It would be nice to be able to just go onto LDS.org and highlight text, etc since I can view my notebooks on my iPad in the LDS.org only. Any suggestions?
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

I don't think the code that enables the highlighting was ever designed to run on a touch device. It will need to be redesigned before it will work in a touch browser.

You can, however, access your notebooks in the Gospel Library app. When you are in the home screen of the Gospel Library, there is a 'Notebook' button in the top left corner that will allow you to view your annotations.
inventme

Alternative Browser or Workaround?

Post by inventme »

Has there been a fix yet to this issue or a workaround that others have found? Possibly an alternative browser to Safari that would enable a touch device to be able to highlight text on LDS.org with the study mode enabled? Any help would be appreciated.
ndjohnson

Re: Study Notebook on iPad

Post by ndjohnson »

To delete highlights, I deiscovered quite by accident that by tapping the highlighted paragraph two times in rapid succession, the remove option appeared. It worked perfectly every time.

There needs to be a help icon on LDS scriptures app.in my opinion!!!

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”