Online marking and adding notes

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
webmired-p40

Online marking and adding notes

Post by webmired-p40 »

I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but it had crossed my mind recently and I even contemplated how to do it myself, but gave up because I just wasn't sure how to do it.

But, what about an online version that allows for marking and adding notes? Is it even a viable option, or is it something that really isn't needed?

I spend a lot of my days online and have devices that can get online, but mobile versions of the scriptures wouldn't work (archos 605 wifi) so to have something online that I could access and make notes and highlights would be great!

[hint] I would love to work on a project like that [/hint]
:)
Jon
The joys of data loss!
emrolgould

Post by emrolgould »

As a work around, I use the Google Notebook plug-in on Firefox to make notes when I read the online scriptures.

It allows me to highlight the same block of text muliple times if I need to and it even keeps the formatting and links from within the text.
codewarrior-p40

Post by codewarrior-p40 »

I wanted to do the same thing you have described here, so I built it into http://www.readthescriptures.com.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Love the site! Nice work!

Tom

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”