Blessing certificate problem

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
petersboro

Blessing certificate problem

Post by petersboro »

I am the District Clerk in Okinawa Japan. One of my branch clerks is not able to print a blessing certificate. He mentioned that it may be because of a problem with the child's record that he can't seem to get fixed. He also mentioned that after you reach a point in MLS you can't go back and print a certificate. I had not heard about this being at the district (stake) level. Is there no way to go in and print a certificate and just fill in the child's information? Any ideas on what could be happening? What would be the best support phone number in SLC for us in Japan to use? Thank you
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

To reprint a blessing certificate you can go to reports/forms | Certificates. Then choose Child Blessing Certificate. You can then fill out anything you want (or select the child to auto-populate many of the fields). I was able to select myself for the certificate, so there isn't a time limit on it, other than remembering the blessing date and person.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think we're going to need more detail on what is happening to be able to help.

One problem that seems to keep coming up is confusion between the "Individual Record" screen and the "Household Record" screen. Children showing on the "Individual Record" screen are simply genealogy information. Those children could be living with their parents, they could be in another ward, non-members or even deceased. Bottom line, you may not have their records. They will only appear in that one screen and IOS. They will not appear in any other report.

Only if you see the child's name under the "Individual Record" list, do you know you have some kind of record for them.

So it's possible that the clerk added the child to the parent's record, but didn't create a child-of-record for them. That would explain his confusion and why he can't select that record for printing a blessing certificate.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”