Stake clerk position missing?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
edwardwhite442

Stake clerk position missing?

Post by edwardwhite442 »

I am a Stake clerk. My Stake clerk access to LDS.org just went away this week. I can still log on, but I no longer have elevated access on the web site. I then logged in to MLS, and saw that the entire postion of Stake Clerk was gone. There are the standard callings (with a star), but Stake clerk is not there. There 'is' assistant Stake Clerk. Can anyone explain what's going on?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

edwardwhite442 wrote:I am a Stake clerk. My Stake clerk access to LDS.org just went away this week. I can still log on, but I no longer have elevated access on the web site. I then logged in to MLS, and saw that the entire postion of Stake Clerk was gone. There are the standard callings (with a star), but Stake clerk is not there. There 'is' assistant Stake Clerk. Can anyone explain what's going on?
I'm not sure how the calling disappeared (perhaps some other stake leader accidentally removed you), but I can tell you how to fix it.

The position of Stake Clerk is a Tier 1 calling which must be entered using the Stake Leader and Unit Change Request form that is in Stake MLS in the Other Resources section. Go to the Stake LUCR screen, and you'll find a tab labeled "Stake Clerk" where you can select the member and enter contact information. It will also ask for the date set apart, the date active, and the person who set you apart.

Note that special permissions to access sites such as Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org will not be restored to you immediately -- that will probably not happen until sometime late tomorrow (assuming you make and transmit the change today).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
edwardwhite442

Post by edwardwhite442 »

Just put it all back in under the 'other resources' section. (I was missing). I'll check back tomorrow after the nightly database updates. Thanks for the quick reply!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

As for why the calling disappeared: The short answer is that MLS sent up a release for you. The longer answer is that because of your ward move you hit a bug in MLS that on seeing your records move out of your ward released you from your calling. (I want to test that scenario tomorrow at work, but I believe we've seen it before).

As to when your rights will show back up: You will have to wait until your position is 'published' in CDOL. After that then you will need to wait for your rights (see Timing of callings sent to CDOL/Church Headquarters for the details).
To see when your position is 'published' you can look in CDOL. As soon as it is published you'll have rights back there. Or you can see you're calling in lds.org/directory immediately also.
Gutemberg

Stake Clerk

Post by Gutemberg »

At Stake MLS in which I belong does not work. Stake Clerk I am and I can not add.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gutemberg wrote:At Stake MLS in which I belong does not work. Stake Clerk I am and I can not add.

Have you tried the steps outlined in Post #2?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

gutemberg wrote:At Stake MLS in which I belong does not work. Stake Clerk I am and I can not add.
The stake clerk is a tier one leadership position that cannot be added directly into MLS at the local level. Instead a LUCR (Leader and Unit Change Request) is submitted. This LUCR is submitted in stake MLS and must be approved and the position entered at CHQ. It can take a few days for the process to complete before a change is reflected in the system.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”