Difference between validation and audit report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
simonawright

Difference between validation and audit report

Post by simonawright »

I was doing a membership audit and noticed that the error list in the membership audit had more entries than the member validation report.
The entries that were missing from the validation report were those where a parent or spouse was missing from the record. One other entry was missing and that was for an endowment date earlier then Melchizedek Priesthood conferral date (which are being sorted)

I am surprised that they are different as they are using the same source info. If you were to look at the validation report only you would miss some of the errors until you did the audit.

Has this problem been seen by anyone else? Any ideas as to why this has happened??
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

The audit will ignore any of the entries in the member validation report that you have selected to 'ignore'. Some of those items may have been researched by prior clerks and they came to the conclusion that the data is not obtainable, or there is nothing that can be done about the issue. When doing Audits I typically review both lists and review any of the items in the audit that are already marked as 'ignored' in the validation report.

Membership Validation Report from the wiki
Membership Audit from the wiki
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

JohnShaw wrote:The audit will ignore any of the entries in the member validation report that you have selected to 'ignore'.

Unfortunately none of the entries had been selected to 'ignore', that isn't why they aren't showing :(

Return to “Membership Help”