lesson schedules not working past november

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
insoludary

lesson schedules not working past november

Post by insoludary »

The Lesson Schedules are not working for November. I suspect this is because the dates are wrong. Sunday the 11th of November is shown as November 10, and the sprocket wheel just eternally spins as it looks for data it will never find. The dates from then on are out by one day so nothing works.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What time zone are you in? I'm thinking this might be related to the US's shift from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time which takes place on 4 November 2012.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
insoludary

Post by insoludary »

Atlantic Time (Canada) currently on daylight time. We switch over the same date the Yanks do.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:What time zone are you in? I'm thinking this might be related to the US's shift from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time which takes place on 4 November 2012.
That's got to be it. It seems to be a problem for any time zone from Mountain Time to UTC time (London) that participates in Daylight Savings Time. For London, the problem shows up on Sunday, November 4, since their change back to Standard Time occurs on October 28.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
insoludary

Post by insoludary »

Have the programers been notified? Or has that been done already by way of this post?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

insoludary wrote:Have the programers been notified? Or has that been done already by way of this post?
They're pretty good about monitoring these forum sections, but I sent a PM just to make sure.

Thanks for bringing this up -- it's great to get a jump on this issue before it becomes a much bigger problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Is anyone still experiencing this problem? If so, please post and be sure and tell me what time zone you're in. Thanks.
QA Engineer
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

I've created a ticket asking that this be fixed in the next release of Lesson Scheduler. Thanks for catching it!
QA Engineer
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

LisaAn wrote:Is anyone still experiencing this problem? If so, please post and be sure and tell me what time zone you're in. Thanks.
I've tested this with a variety of time zones. It seems to be a problem with any time zone that observes DST (I originally thought it didn't happen in Pacific Time, but I was mistaken), and the problem appears on the first Sunday that follows the change to DST. I simply do the following:
  1. Set my system time zone to any time zone that observes Daylight Saving Time.
  2. Go to lds.org/lesson (or refresh the page if I'm already there)
  3. Move through each week by clicking the right arrow until you get to the first Sunday after the change back to Standard Time for the selected time zone.
  4. Note that a Saturday date is displayed (the day before the Sunday that should be displayed) and that there is an eternal spinner where the lessons should be displayed.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I think aebrown has summed up the problem nicely. I'm in Pacific Time and experience exactly what is described.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”