Tax ID Number

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wrigjef

Tax ID Number

Post by wrigjef »

Is the tax ID number shared and posted somewhere that I could find it or does each unit/Stake or even State have their own? One of our ward clerks wants me to find it for them and I was trying to figure out how I could do it without running back over to the church.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It is 23-7300405 for U.S. units.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Thanks so much
john.orme

Post by john.orme »

Are there any rules or recommendations on the proper use of the church's tax ID number? I have a ward that has been shopping at a local grocery store to purchase food for fast offering assistance. The grocery store has offered to give a discount on all purchases if the tax ID number is provided. Also, another ward in our stake is working with a local restaurant on a fundraiser where a portion of all purchases on a given date is given to the ward, but the restaurant is saying they need a tax ID number. Are these appropriate uses of the tax ID number?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

These types of questions can be answered by contacting the administrative office and ask for the Tax Administration Department.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”