Printing Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

Printing Directory

Post by zaneclark »

I think I asked this once before, but I can't find it.... Anyway, I have been trying various formats and different font sizes for printing a phone directory and it works great except that the telephone number is very light..... The name is very dark, but even increasing the print quality does not make the phone number dark..... This has to be a decision of the programmers, but I am wondering why? I will report this to Feedback, but usually don't get any response.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

You reported this a couple of years ago, here. It's in the middle of a very long thread on a variety of topics, but several of the subsequent dozen posts or so shed some light on the issue.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jla59

Post by jla59 »

zaneclark wrote:....telephone number is very light...

See this post for a LibreOffice macro that changes all the fonts of the pdf directory to black and bold.
jla59

Re: Printing Directory

Post by jla59 »

I can confirm printing on a HP 1320 B/W Laser printer set at 1200 dpi results in phone numbers and addresses that are very light and would be difficult to read for some people. Maybe newer printers give better results.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”